We've just posted up a few short videos which take you through the process of installing an MSG server, as we know that sometimes it can be a little fiddly. These videos are only for people who want to run their own MSG server - to just use MSG you don’t need to install anything!
Basic Installation of MSG:
- Part 1: Overview and Setting up Openfire
- Part 2: Customising Openfire
- Part 3: Setting up BuddyXML
- Part 4: Testing you Installation
Integration with Moodle:
- Part 1: Openfire and BuddyXML Configuration
- Part 2: MSG-Moodle Block Settings
- Part 3: Updating your Moodle theme
Finally a short explanatory video of how the authentication works when you are using the MSG-Moodle block.
Hope these will save some of the headaches people have when trying to install MSG and all feedback on these videos is appreciated 🙂